Optima Admin and Technical Specialist
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Optima Administration & Technical Specialist in the Transaction Services/Deposit Operations. The selected candidate will provide technical support for the Optima Check System, IMS Archive and Optima Check Image Processing Modules. Configure reports, documents and related system processes for end-users. Support the implementation of new features, upgrades, conversions and serves as team member for projects. Work with end-users to fine-tune the system, encourage increased usage, provide training and promote seamless integration. Work with multiple vendors in a complex environment to identify and resolve system problems. Serve as administrator with proven knowledge and a comfort level to interact with both internal and external partners. Environment requires identification and resolution of complex technical software and hardware issues without defined alternatives to include knowing when to escalate appropriately. Interact with clients and partners with the client experience mindset, applying our five principles.
Areas of focus:
- Exhibit behavior in support of the Client Experience Principles of Be Responsive in Every Way, Make It Your Own, Always Take the Extra Step, Always Do What is Right, and Take the Long View.
- Configure FIS reports for the COLD system. Create cross-referencing to link documents to reports. Monitor the system to ensure the integrity of the files. Work closely with vendors and partners to test new report receipt and routing.
- Configure internal documents for the Optima system. Assign appropriate rights to the end-users. Set up custom queries to enable users to extract data easily. Set up imports of scanned documents received from third parties. Import and configure daily auto-fill files for departments to scan documents. Assist with maintaining Image Procedure Manual for the bank.
- Research end-user needs and make recommendations for improvements in efficiency using the system features. Provide end-user technical support for the application. Provide end-user training as required. Proactively troubleshoot problems and work with Tech Management, FIS, Wausau and other venders to resolve issues. Escalate issues to vendors and management as appropriate.
- Initiate investigations to ensure the optimal use within the organization of the Optima systems including the best use of available options. Investigate the use of third party systems to integrate with Optima, creating efficiencies within the organization.
- Support special projects as assigned relating to the Optima system. Proactively provide options and solutions as the subject matter expert.
- Provide level two technical support for Remote Deposit Capture clients and the Client Service Center. May be asked to assist with installs for new clients, upgrades and regular support questions. Responsible for the administration of the Remote Capture application including new client setup, modification, and cancelation requests. Provide Treasury Management with expert knowledge of system in order to accommodate client custom requests. Responsible for after-hours client support and the RDC cell phone.
- Provide support to the Branch staff for branch scanning technical and hardware issues and procedural questions. Assist with technical upgrades and provide support and training for the branches as necessary. Assist Training Department with the development of branch scanning procedure changes, documentation and additional training as necessary.
- Accurately maintain databases related to scanner tracking and Remote Deposit client information. Posses the ability to generate reporting from the database as necessary.
- Provide system administration and technical support of the Check System and related Image Processing modules. Assist with upgrades, patch and hot fix installs and testing. Must have knowledge of the processing workflow in order to appropriately represent the area in meetings and testing.
- Use initiative to troubleshoot and resolve technical situations. Proactively assist others as needed by interpreting procedures and answering questions.
- Responsible for processing of COLD reports, Document Images and Optima Reports into the IMS archive daily. Work through any processing issues with FIS, Wausau and Tech Management.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing throughout the year.
- Assist with Image Processing as needed. Execute daily statement processing and notice printing within service level agreements as defined. Work with statement vendor to resolve issues with statements and files.
- Optima, Onbase, system administration certification must be obtained within one year of hire. Work requires a technical level of knowledge of imaging systems either through work experience or training. A minimum of 3-5 years work experience in bank operations is needed to gain a general knowledge of bank processes and workflow.
- Requires a mindset of creating a remarkable client experience in every interaction based on our five principles.
- Advanced problem solving skills required in order to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation and analysis of data from diverse sources.
- Must be able to use knowledge of system structure and abilities to determine the most effective solution when implementing or refining processes.
- Errors may result in serious consequence that can have significant impact on internal and external clients and records retention.
- Position requires regular internal and external contacts of moderate frequency requiring independent judgment regarding system options to recommend and evaluate work procedures. Work with all levels of staff and function as contact with vendor support staff to resolve complex issues. Must be able to develop and adhere to procedures and project plans, and to present formal training internally.
- Work requires a high level of mental effort involving complex applications. PC work for extended periods is frequently required. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Excel, Access, Word and Visio. Basic troubleshooting capability of computer based systems is required. Ability to work effectively with Virtual Machines.
- Must be fluent in all technical aspects of the Optima application Check System and modules, Remote Capture, Branch scanning and IMS Archive.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.