Collateral Loan Doc Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently
recruiting for a Collateral Loan Doc Manager in the Loan Administration
Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for managing
the Collateral Management Team with an emphasis on Collateral Records
Management, Audits and Imaging Strategy. Provides leadership and guidance in
interpretation of consumer and commercial federal regulation policies and
procedures to staff, as well as other departments within loan administration
and the loan division. This position is cross-trained in all facets of
collateral management including documentation tracking, file management, lien
perfections and general maintenance of collateral records and is expected to assist
in meeting objectives on a daily basis. You will also assist with the development, implementation and
maintenance of a digital collateral maintenance system and processes to
maximize efficiencies and available resources.
Areas of focus:
- File Management: Manages the maintenance and storage of digital and physical consumer and commercial documentation and credit files. Makes strategic decisions as they relate to the imaging strategy which includes, imaging, indexing, storage, purging and filing. Determine and administer appropriate interfacing of data between sales and loan administration systems. Establishes procedures and works closely with internal department managers. Oversees and supervises workflow and priorities within the File Management Group including the imaging of loans, assisting with QA processes, and management of non-imaged files. Assists other team members when help is needed to complete daily work and is primary back-up in absence of staff.
- Audits: Primary contact for files associated with specific audits. This includes coordinating file movement- both digital and physical in and out of area as well as timely follow up on issues regarding these audits. Manages process for responding to legal requests (subpoenas) involving loans. This includes requests for documents, payment histories and other transaction documents. Works closely with other Team Leaders/Managers to deliver these documents in a timely manner.
and Release Processing: Manage payoff request process for clients. Release recorded documents, deposits,
stocks and original notes held for collateral. Assist with the QA process for paid
commercial and consumer loans. Manages division collateral safebox and
performs annual audits.
Manages timely continuances and termination of UCCs held as collateral
using the ILien system. Works with other business lines to ensure accuracy
of data and ensure lien perfection.
of Team: Supervise,
support and develop team members. Monitor and assess work of team members.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge relating to loan documentation with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related work experience and at least 3 years of supervisory experience. In depth knowledge and understanding of required loan documentation for all types of loans is required. Knowledge of accounting principles is preferred. Familiarity with applicable regulations is expected.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of personal computer applications required, including the ability to develop reports and applications using various operating systems, spreadsheets and databases.
- A varied level of problem solving skills are required in order to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources.
- Position requires regular internal and external contacts to resolve problems and answer complex questions regarding policy and procedure which requires sensible judgment and good interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively manage and instruct others is necessary.
- Work is under minimal supervision where the work requires independent judgement in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative procedures and work routines.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all Branch positions. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.