Messaging and Collaboration Systems Engineer/Architect
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been certified as A Great Place To Work®, recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Messaging and Collaboration Systems Engineer/Architect in the department of Information Technology. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for definition, implementation, and configuration of messaging systems and standards and best practices. This includes working with IT leadership to establish roadmap, budget recommendation, planning and direction for these platforms. This position demands the need to have comprehensive knowledge of the nature of software, hardware and infrastructure components.
Areas of focus:
- Contribute to the design, implementation, of our enterprise messaging and collaboration platforms
- Researching, designing, and implementing enterprise-level standards for corporate directory and messaging
- Provide Tier 3 support and serving as contact point for Tier 2 support, including mentoring and direction in troubleshooting efforts
- The ability to prepare and present technical concepts clearly to a non-technical audience
- Work closely with the CTO, development leadership and senior technology managers to ensure a sound messaging and collaboration platform is implemented
- Collaborate with Security, Development, and Data teams to ensure the Messaging and Collaboration / M365 environment meets with security standards and is in alignment with financial services governance and sound practices and that the M365-e5 security features are leveraged toward this compliance
- Work with the software development management team to establish integration for collaboration and messaging related to the Dev/Ops and SDLC processes. Integrating development collaboration tools with enterprise messaging environmentsServe as the Subject Matter Expert for the M365 Suite of services; being the thought leader in delivering services and solutions for the internal client base utilizing the suite of Microsoft’s Power Apps, Power BI, SharePoint, Power Automate, MS Teams, and data integrations
- Identify opportunities and processes where M365 can be leveraged to facilitate collaboration and process improvement
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ work experience with Messaging and Collaboration systems architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of environments including both on-premises and hosted solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, or the equivalent in applied work experience
- Expert Knowledge in Microsoft M365 E5 platform suite
- Concentrated knowledge of MS Teams, Share-point, and One-drive
- Detail working knowledge of MS Exchange, both on-premises and Exchange Online
- Strong experience and working knowledge of e-mail edge security systems such as Mimecast, Proofpoint, or similar, as well as an understanding of e-mail related DNS authentication mechanisms (DMARC/ARC/DKIM/SPF)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory architecture and infrastructure (LDAP, directory replication, sites and services, group policy, security, schema, RBAC
- Comprehensive knowledge of Office 365
- The ability to guide, lead, and mentor fellow technology team members in designing, implementing and maintaining our development and deployment pipeline infrastructure
- Familiarity with large scale production systems and technologies e.g. load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems and configuration management
- Cloud enablement, experience in moving infrastructures from on-prem/colo to cloud services; more specifically, the migration of Exchange on-prem to Cloud
- Networking knowledge; including DHCP, DNS, VPN, Routing, etc
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Preferred, but not required, experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Experience working with hybrid / Multi-cloud environments.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.