Senior Private Client Advisor
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Private Client Advisor I in the Private Banking Group. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for coordinating the overall client strategy in close partnership with other professionals within the Private Client Group to meet the investment, trust, and planning needs of clients. Thrive in a team based approach to deliver the full suite of PCG solutions to client. Identify, develop and maintain a portfolio of the most financially complex and high revenue generating client relationships (150-200) within the defined High Net Worth market segment ($1 million minimum liquidity, or $3 million minimum net worth) in the SSB footprint. Expected to be an experienced advisor with ability to handle the most challenging, sensitive and complex relationships. Sales Production expectations outlined annually within PCG Sales Plan.
Areas of focus:
- Serve as the primary point of contact, integration and responsibility for affluent clients. Sell, deliver and provide ongoing service for a broad range of fee income services appropriate for affluent clients. PCA’s should deliver a level of personalized, attentive service that clients consider outstanding.
- Establish and periodically update understanding of client financial needs based upon professional discovery and potentially formal personal financial planning analysis. Collaborate with other SSB teammates to review and monitor client relationship and needs.
- Work with clients and prospects to coordinate the information gathering and delivery of financial plans utilizing Private Client Group teammates, and other SSB partners to provide the highest quality advice and guidance. Additionally, work with the client and appropriate external advisors to implement all solutions.
- Meet revenue growth, new sales, profitability and retention goals by developing new clients for portfolio and expanding services and marketing new products to existing clients.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various product and service specialists who are designated to support client service and development efforts. Serve as an advocate for clients and with other business units. Serve as an ambassador for the bank’s other lines of business.
- Source Private Banking referral opportunities and work with Private Banking Relationship Mangers to develop loan and deposit opportunities.
- Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using CX 360.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with centers of influence such as internal partners (e.g. Commercial & Retail), and external partners (Certified Public Accountant (CPAs), attorneys, civic associations and other individuals and organizations that will enhance business development efforts).
- Keep apprised of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial planning/advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and CPAs.
- Work within existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework in order to ensure a high quality, compliant portfolio of client relationships.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced Private Client Group staff in support of establishing an extraordinarily high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness.
- Participate in the ongoing implementation and development of the Private Client Group line of business, including processes, products, services and operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be performed, which are not mentioned above. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, or equivalent education and related training.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with affluent clients dealing with banking, investments, or financial planning or equivalent experience in outside sales and/or relationship management.
- Advanced knowledge of a broad range of personal financial planning/advisory and Investment Management /asset allocation concepts and a general understanding of retail credit and traditional retail bank products for the affluent market.
- Very strong interpersonal, sales, and relationship management skills
- Very strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Completion, or enrollment in professional level certification programs such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Accredited Asset Management Specialist, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.