West Financial Services Administrative Assistant
At West Financial Services, we have spent over
30 years building a firm dedicated to taking a conservative and ethical
approach to growing and protecting our clients’ wealth and prosperity. Since
our inception in 1982, we have provided financial services on a fee-only basis,
acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each member of our team fully embraces
the importance of this role and what it means for our clients. We bring
planning excellence, investment discipline and personal service to everything
we do. We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment
to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we
provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive
benefits package. We take pride in offering a broad benefits program to its
most valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently
recruiting for an Administrative
Assistant at West
Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible
for under general supervision, receiving and directing telephone calls
throughout the day, providing clerical and administrative support to the
various departments of the company. Greeting, receiving, and directing visitors, clients, and maintenance
workings in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
Areas of focus:
Greets and receives clients and visitors to WFS office and via phone. Provides assistance, maintains a neat and orderly appearance and responsible for securing reception area and office.
Distributes mail, email from global WFS email box, and WFS main office number voicemail.
Maintains office and kitchen supplies. Maintains phone, voice mail system, copiers, and postage meter.
Serves as liaison with office building management.
Tracks employee birthdays, anniversaries and coordinates employee staff meetings and events.
Administers onboarding process, to include update of team structures, phone lists, etc. as well as headshots, badges, keys, etc. Works with Technology to ensure system access.
Trains new hires on phone systems, Certify, HR Central, etc.
mass and individual mailings including holiday cards, gifts, get well
cards, flowers, follow-up to request for information, etc.
and maintains supply of marketing materials for client and/or prospective
client distribution including ADV marketing packets.
referrals in client relationship management system.
- Marketing Support:
Manages data integrity of client/COI/lead email database. Prepares and executes mass electronic communications.
Posts blogs upon approval at regular intervals in coordination with P&E Manager.
Assists with various projects and events as assigned.
Under the direction of the Office Manager and Chief Compliance Officer: Maintains marketing approval file, and other compliance maintenance files as directed.
- Position requires 1 to 2 years’ experience in office environment. Experience working with the public is highly desired. Good verbal communication skills are needed to assist callers and determine where to direct calls accurately and efficiently. Good organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities are needed.
- Ability to use standard Windows based software for word processing, contact management and spreadsheet applications. Intermediate keyboarding skills are needed. Ability to use standard office equipment is necessary.
- Analytical ability is required in researching and analyzing data pertaining to problems of a routine nature where selection of alternatives is limited or not well defined.
- Work requires regular contact with diverse groups internally and externally in supplying or seeking routine information. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to present a positive, professional image to callers over the phone.
- Work is under general supervision where standard practices enable the employee to operate alone on routine work, referring questionable situations to supervisor.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
West Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank, is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.