Since 1868, Sandy Spring Bank has provided outstanding financial services and remained committed to being a strong, local, independent bank. Our community offices throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia serve the unique needs of individuals, businesses and organizations every day.
At Sandy Spring, we use a hands-on, proactive and personalized approach to managing client relationships. Our clients count on the professionals at Sandy Spring Bank to always provide them with the most unbiased, knowledgeable advice possible.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. Sandy Spring takes pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
Offers administrative support to Trust Officers for tasks associated with trust, estate and investment accounts. Responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks such as assisting in processing transactions, collecting information, preparing reports, opening and closing accounts, and obtaining and maintaining legal documentation. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with trust and investment management services.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Account Administration Support - 25%
Provide accurate, efficient, and timely support for assigned Administrative Officers, including: conduct research; enter transfers; review invoices; enter disbursements and transfers; assist with preparation of annual Account Reviews, Discretionary Distributions, Account Acceptance Committee documentation, and Fiduciary Investment Policy Statements; present requests to ARC in Trust Officer’s absence; take client calls, identify needs, and resolve client requests and issues; prepare and disseminate correspondence; complete account opening and closing processes as needed, including account set up on trust accounting system; ensure filing of trust tax returns; read and interpret basic trust agreements & documents; maintain orderly workflow in the absence of assigned Trust Officer; prepare written correspondence in support of Administrative Officer; create and update spreadsheets as needed; and initiate paperwork and ensure follow-up for written approval from co-trustees. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the features and benefits of the products and services offered, and understand how those features benefit customers.
2. Client Relationship Support - 25%
Expand client relationships and develop a thorough understanding of client needs. Answer telephones; greet clients, customers, and guests; prepare correspondence; respond to “client” needs and requests in a timely, efficient manner; schedule appointments and annual reviews, and other “client” meetings; maintain contact with “clients;” represent the Bank in a courteous, professional manner; assist Administrative Officers in answering questions and resolving problems; gain trust and confidence through interactions with prospective and existing clients, and bank personnel; focus on cultivating relationships that are long-term and professional; proactively identify and resolve problems; provide internal and external customers with the products and services that match their needs ; follow up on customer complaints, questions and requests; and demonstrate a working knowledge of the features and benefits of the products and services offered by SST and understand how those features benefit customers.
3. Trust Department Support - 15%
Perform tasks that have a departmental impact such as answer the department phone line, sort & distribute incoming mail, mail statements, and assist with tax returns and payments. Perform other tasks as assigned, including:* Prepare Trust Packet for Board of Director’s Meetings
* Prepare Weekly Overdraft Report
* Serve as Secretary for the Administration Review Committee
* Maintain Will & Red Files
* Prepare New Account Opening Packages
* Prepare Client Presentation Materials
* Prepare Group Meetings (Scheduling, Food, and materials)
* Assist colleagues when they need assistance
* Provide support for New Business Officers.
4. Accuracy/Quality - 10%
Achieve high standards of work processes and outcomes; promptly and efficiently complete tasks with a concern for all details involved; monitor and check work for accuracy, clarity, appropriateness, and completeness, including correct posting in accounts and entries in the trust accounting system; exhibit concern for all aspects of the job; work with Administrative Officers to ensure adherence to standards and regulatory requirements; ensure account transactions and activities are in compliance with governing document, applicable laws, and department policy and procedures. Recommend enhancements to policies and procedures. Use proper English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicate information in a succinct and organized manner.
5. Teamwork and Colleague Support - 10%
Work collaboratively with assigned Trust Administrators, other Trust Associates, Administrators, Portfolio Managers, Operations Staff, Management, and other colleagues. Emphasize teamwork, cooperation, and assistance to others. Treat others with civility and respect. Assume additional responsibilities in support of the division and colleagues. Volunteer and work with other team members on procedures, policies, and other projects. Adhere to “Client Experience” principles with all colleagues.
6. Process Efficiencies - 10%
Embrace change and improvement. Seek methods of increasing performance efficiency and accuracy of job functions and departmental tasks.
7. Skill Enhancement - 5%
Attend trust-related seminars and meetings when offered. Express an interest in furthering job knowledge and education; take responsibility for personal learning and development by refining technical and professional skills in job related areas; seek performance feedback.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS. AND ABILITIES:
1. A BA or equivalent experience is strongly preferred. At least 3years of related work experience, to include an excellent knowledge of trust services and related legal principles, is required. Strong knowledge of department operations necessary to assist in maintaining a smooth and efficient workflow.
2. Experience using personal computer systems is required, with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar applications and the ability to master unique bank software. Ability to use standard office equipment is required.
3. A varied level of problem solving skill is required. Work may include responsibility for coordinating and organizing unit work activities for self and/or others and managing multiple priorities to meet schedule deadlines.
4. Requires regular internal and external contact with diverse groups to furnish and obtain information. Requires tact and discretion to obtain cooperation and understanding. Good interpersonal skills are needed to develop a positive rapport with colleagues and clients.
5. Work is under occasional supervision where independent judgment is sometimes required in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the guidelines are limited. Refers unusual matters to supervisor or other qualified individual.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area and may require attendance at meetings throughout SSB footprint. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.