Commercial Relationship Manager
Office location is in Laurel MD. Business development focus will be in PG County.
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Commercial Relationship Manager. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for a portfolio of commercial clients who have a relationship with the company and act as the primary contact for assigned clients. You will develop new business for the company by expanding client relationships through needs-based selling techniques and develop relationships with new or potential clients, collectively sufficient to meet and exceed assigned goals. You will also effectively work with key representatives from other areas of the bank to send and accept referrals for new and expanded relationships.
Areas Of Focus:
- Work requires broad professional level of knowledge and expertise in commercial banking with an emphasis on credit and lending principles. Minimum of 5 years experience preferred in a commercial lending environment. Thorough familiarity with related laws and regulations surrounding commercial banking relationships is required. Demonstrated sales success in business development is preferred.
- Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are needed to effectively work with clients to explain products and interpret policy. Strong inter-personal skills are needed to maintain positive rapport with internal contacts.
- Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis, interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending
- Position makes decisions with the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19
vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission
of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be
available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position,
please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are
considered on a case-by-case basis.