Sr Software Developer
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been certified as A Great Place To Work®, recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer in the Digital Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for designing and developing solutions to integrate our Digital Banking, Salesforce, and back office systems to create a seamless client and associate experience using Mulesoft Any Point platform. Position will drive the direction, functionality, and optimization of Mulesoft Anypoint platform & services development throughout the company. Must work collaboratively with other teams to evaluate and implement process changes and software solutions that support our business needs and allow us to best serve our clients. This position provides the opportunity to influence change across technology organization and to develop best practices and business processes.
Areas of focus:
- Design, develop, and implement interfaces and integration flows using Mule ESB AnyPoint platform to create new capabilities using internal and external systems such as Salesforce and back office systems.
- Build, support, and leverage delivery pipeline (CI/CD) infrastructure utilizing technologies such as Jenkins, Docker containers, etc. You will help make the decisions on what technologies to use and implement them.
- Expand our development/technical capabilities by leveraging technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, NoSQL, etc.
- Work as a team and develop meaningful relationships to deliver easy to use, secure, reliable products for our clients and associates.
- Explain complex technical issues to people in an easy to understand manner and recommend clearly thought out solutions.
- Work closely with the business and technical leadership to suggest improvements within the overall vision for the project; ask questions at the architecture level; deep dive into low implementation level; and serve as a resource and mentor for less experienced developers.
- Engineering systems that are resilient, observable, secure, and, scalable.
- Participate in non-business hour activities such as on call rotations, releases, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering/development experience, specifically at least 5+ years of experience in design and development of highly scalable services using Java, Spring, and REST APIs
- Extensive experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment using Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Bamboo, Azure Dev Ops, etc.
- Proficient in RDBMS and NOSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Aerospike, etc.
- Extensive experience using software development tools such as Git, Maven, Gradle, SonarQube, FindBugs, JMeter, JUnit, Java Profilers, etc
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, data structures, data modeling, and design patterns.
- Extensive experience with unit testing, deployment best practices, and technical documentation in accordance with common software development practices and methods.
- Experience deploying and running applications in Cloud (AWS and Mulesoft CloudHub preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- 3+ years developing APIs/integrations using Mulesoft Anypoint Studio & Platform is preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud models is a plus
- 2+ years integrating with Salesforce is preferred
- 1+ years integrating with FISGlobal Code Connect is a plus
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.