Private Client Group Division Executive
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Private Client Group Division Executive in the Private Client Group. If you are the chosen candidate, your key responsibilities will be to Lead, drive, and execute division strategy to coordinate strategically with the overall organization. Manage and direct the efforts of the Private Client Group to develop and maintain profitable fiduciary and investment management relationships with high net worth individuals and families. Provide effective leadership, recruit, and retain top level talent to achieve the optimum performance of the Private Client Group. Provide oversight of new trust business, coordination of trust administration and investment policies to ensure the promotion of a dynamic sales and service culture. Coordinate the Private Client Group strategy with that of commercial and retail banking, mortgage, and insurance services. Actively oversee business plan objectives in support of Sandy Spring Bank strategic goals. Position requires the skill of a collaborative, results-oriented leader with the ability and confidence to earn the respect of the executive management team and the board of directors.
Areas of focus:
· Management of the Trust Division
· Sales and Service
· Account Administration
Scope of Authority:
- Responsible for overall leadership, management and direction for the Private Client Group. Supervise multi‑level subordinates involving decisions for staffing, salaries, and promotions. Comply with all aspects of performance and regulatory management.
- Make division decisions supporting the context of generating recurring non-interest income and the sales culture of the institution. Authority to operate within the parameters established by the Executive Vice President, Chief Wealth Officer. Work in close consultation with line leaders of the Private Client Group.
· Professional skills gained through broad experience in fiduciary, trust, and wealth management which combines a recognized understanding of complex practices and concepts are required.
· An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree (Law Degree or an MBA) is preferred. Professional certification (CFP, CTFA, and/or CFA) is highly desired. Minimum 15 years increasingly responsible comparable work experience in the fiduciary and investment management business
· Must be able to establish credibility and be a leader who both speaks and acts with authority gained through experience, with sufficient know-how to impact the business in a powerful way.
· Extensive internal and external contacts at all levels involving high degree of diplomacy, tact, judgment, timing, and persuasion.
· Ability to communicate complex information from diverse sources in an organized manner. Must have the ability to write statements of broad policy.
· Evaluation of potential acquisition of businesses participating in the fiduciary and investment management sector.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.