WM Senior Client Service Associate
At West Financial
Services, we have spent over 30 years building a firm dedicated to taking a
conservative and ethical approach to growing and protecting our clients’ wealth
and prosperity. Since our inception in 1982, we have provided financial
services on a fee-only basis, acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each
member of our team fully embraces the importance of this role and what it means
for our clients. We bring planning excellence, investment discipline and
personal service to everything we do. We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being
remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a
market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits
package. We take pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most
valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job:
Sandy Spring Bank is
currently recruiting for a WM Senior Client Service Associate for our
subsidiary, West Financial Services. If you are the chosen
candidate, you will be responsible for supporting the Director of Client
Services and serve as a resource for the Client Service Associates by answering
questions and providing guidance in operations processes. In addition to the duties
as Client Service Associate, this position supports the Relationship Managers
and Portfolio Managers with a range of activities including the set-up and
maintenance of client accounts; compilation and completion of client,
custodian, and WFS paperwork; reconciling trades; review and maintenance of
client transactions and activity; and execution of client and WFS tasks such as
asset transfers, preparation of reports and general support of portfolio and
Areas of Focus:
- Client Services: Serves as liaison between the client, West Financial Services, and the custodian. Provides support to Relationship and Portfolio Managers, senior management, and the Director of Client Services.Assists clients with all requests; including, but not limited to, account updates or changes, distributions, and deposits.Answers client questions and researches to find a solution to problems and requests.Processes and tracks Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) and charitable contributions for clients.Attends industry focused seminars.Serves as backup to the office administration department when needed.
- Account Administration: Builds and maintains client relationships. Works with the client to get accounts open and funded; ensuring that all required documentation is received. Coordinates the inputting and updating of cost basis with the back office provider, reviewing or calculating cost basis when needed.Reconciles systems and researches cash / position / market value exceptions.Maintains and indexes client files in the document management system .client files and annual archiving.
- Reports Administration and Quarterly Invoicing: Prepares reports for presentation at client meetings. Participates in the quarterly billing cycle by running the statements, verifying the accuracy of the data, distributing the statements to the clients, and uploading the management fees to the custodian. Runs ad hoc reports as requested.
- Other Responsibilities: Requires in-depth knowledge of systems and back office procedures used in the administration of client accounts. Provides training, guidance and assistance to department members with daily activities as needed. Supports the Department Manager by being the first point of escalation for any issues or problems that arise during daily operations. Oversees custodian-to-Tamarac cost basis reconciliations. Performs trade reconciliations in Advisor Rebalancer daily. Oversees, on a high level, the RMDs and assists the Client Service Associates with set up when needed. Liaison between Client Services and custodians for issue resolution. Coordinates with the Department Manager when procedures require updating. Coordinates CSA staff in departmental initiatives and special projects as requested. Ad hoc projects as requested by the Department Manager and Relationship and Portfolio Managers.
- A bachelor degree in business/finance is preferred. Experience in the investment industry is necessary.
- Contact involves a variety of internal and external contacts; and requires interpersonal skills to effectively deal with all types of people. A team player committed to providing excellent client service.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Expertise with portfolio management software, specifically Tamarac AdvisorView, is highly desirable. Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word and Excel required.
Sandy Spring Bank
requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all
employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if
hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be
vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
West Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank, is an
equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a
drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy
Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option
5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.