Customer Information System Team Leader
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job:
Sandy Spring Bank is
currently recruiting a CIS Team Leader in the Deposit Operations Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be
responsible the day-to-day operations and workload of the CIS team and provide
guidance to address questions. You will
ensure daily tasks are completed accurately and timely within pre-established
Service Level Agreements, confirm CIS team members are fully cross-trained and
follow established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure
consistency. You will be responsible for
ongoing training and development of the CIS team, provide management support to
the Compliance and Reconcilement team and provide coaching, mentoring and
guidance to instill the banks principles of providing remarkable client
experience to internal and external clients.
- Provide leadership, guidance and clarification to CIS team members.
- Research of policies, procedures, as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensure CIS policies and procedures are up to date and consistently followed.
- Ensure CIS team is trained on new or updated policies and procedures and address issues or errors as they are discovered.
- Conduct monthly team meetings and one-on-one coaching sessions with team members while providing ongoing training and career development opportunities to team.
- Keep Deposit Operations management up to date on ongoing issues, resolutions, process improvement opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on all CIS group processes, ensure the department is running efficiently and assist the Compliance and Reconcilement Team Lead with government reporting.
- Promote the organization’s culture, values, vision and promise. Attract, recruit and develop staff to build a high performing team.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are being met, and react to regulatory, process improvement or technology changes to maintain competitiveness without compromising quality or service.
- 5 year work experience in a branch platform or management position, or in a CIS work environment with emphasis on account titling, relationships, business entities and account documentation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to organize and prioritize work.
Working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to account ownership and authority, as well as consumer and business account documentation requirements, the Customer Information Policy (CIP) under the US Patriot Act, and government and IRS tax reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability, independent judgement and real time decision making.
Ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and Access.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at
1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.