Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more
than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington
Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best
Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who
we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We
offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings
options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent
care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition
assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so
much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Wire Specialist in the Treasury & Transaction Services department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for independently performing day to day duties to include, but not limited to processing, monitoring, verifying, posting Domestic, International USD and FX wire transfers. Follows established policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OFAC, Regulation J, Regulation E and Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A (UCC 4A). Provide professionally clear and concise information when conversing with clients. Consistently provides remarkable client experience for both internal and external clients by following Sandy Spring Bank’s Principles.
Areas of focus:
- Accurately perform daily wire functions including processing incoming and outgoing domestic, international USD and FX wire transfers, and incoming and outgoing securities via FedLine in a timely manner. Accurately perform currency exchange calculation for FX international wires. Process manual wire queues correctly within required service standard. Process the OFAC queue precisely with a clear and concise review note attached. Informs management of all workflow, system and client issues.
- Accurately answer questions from departments, customers and branches with knowledge and professionalism. Provide support to customers and co‐workers by answering questions, performing research and making any adjustments necessary to DDA and GL accounts. Complete research in fraud monitoring tool. Create investigation and prepare responses for service messages sent and received to and from the Federal Reserve and financial institutions. Process set‐ups and amendments of external customers’ wire agreements.
- Creates a remarkable client experience throughout all levels of the organization when responding to inquiries from peers, clients, branches, and other financial institutions regarding all aspects of wire processing. Performs all call backs in a friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the start of day / end of day process of the wire system. Assures that the end of day wires balance which includes the Federal Reserve, FIS and BEB system. Process the FX international wires settlement and start of day balancing according to established procedures. Organizes department settlement for record and retention. Independently escalate any problems to FIS and Wells Fargo, opens tickets and conducts follow up as necessary.
- Maintains all files associated with fax and phone clients and monitors the wire proxy box to ensure all branch and internal department requests are processed proficiently and in a timely manner. Independently opens and closes the wire system following established procedures.
- Position requires a high school diploma, plus two years’ experience in banking operations. Some college preferred.
- Ability to utilize PC systems including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications is required, with basic to intermediate knowledge. Must be proficient at operating standard equipment such as calculator, copier, fax and PC.
- Position requires strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with co-workers and with clients. Must be able to write clear and precise procedures for daily and monthly work.
- Effective interpersonal skills are necessary for working within a team environment, especially when training new and existing team members. Must be able to explain problems clearly and interact in a professional/positive manner.
- Knowledge of Regulation J, Regulation E and Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A (UCC 4A) necessary.
- Candidate must possess the ability to organize and maintain files and records and to work accurately with attention to details and deadlines as well as the ability to work independently.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.