Dir of Contact Cntr Ops
Location: Columbia or Olney, Maryland
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Director of Contact Center Operations in the Personal and Business Banking. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Call center operations. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include call efficiency, low abandonment rate, high conversation rates, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills and morale.
The Director’s success is measured by the organization’s ability to provide high quality services while improving call performance, increased use of resources and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency and achievement of metrics. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall company operational targets as well as the daily business decisions.
The Director of the Contact Center executes the vision for the operation insuring the Call Center meets customer and organizational needs. The successful Director is continually engaged in leading and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
Areas of focus:
· Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops and guides team members to leverage the value of every call.
· Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting and human capital development.
· Develop, implement and maintain effective internal and external quality assurance programs to foster continuous improvement.
· Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction and reporting statistical performance levels related to a Call Center.
· Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and satisfaction.
· Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and insure satisfaction.
· Manage and expand client and coworker relationships.
· Insure compliance with regulatory guidelines and standards.
· Responsible for department budget.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field required; equivalent professional inbound and outbound B2C and B2B management experience may be considered. A minimum of 5 years with 3 to 5 years of inbound and outbound retail and business sales management experience. Experience building and managing a B2B support and sales center. Experience with and knowledge of retail and business banking products and services, positive telephone and written customer service skills, strong organization and leadership skills are needed.
· Thorough understanding of telephone systems and reporting, to include knowledge of both hardware and software is necessary. Ability to utilize all MS Office and Outlook software. Salesforce experience is a plus. Understanding of PC modem connections, internet access and web services and electronic banking services are required.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and grow and adapt as business needs dictate. The ability to proactively anticipate business concerns and effectively provide prompt resolutions is required. Position requires regular internal and external contacts both in person and over the telephone. Ability to build conscience and partnerships is needed. Strong communication skills is needed to deal with contacts in matters regarding persuasion and obtaining approval.
· Effective leadership and analytical skills including a working knowledge of staffing models, sales management processes, scheduling and telecom/digital opportunities.
· Exceptional ability to develop and manage results-oriented recruiting and training programs.
· Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations.
· Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.