Govt Contracting Relationship Manager
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Government Contracting Relationship Manager in the Corporate & Institutional Division. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for a portfolio of Government Contracting clients who have a relationship with the Bank. This position creates and enhances on-target comprehensive client relationships for the Bank, develops new business for the Bank by expanding the client relationship through needs-based selling techniques and acts as primary contact for assigned clients. In addition, the role identifies and develops relationships with new or potential Government Contracting clients. The position provides the opportunity to effectively work with key representatives from other areas of the bank to send and accept referrals.
Areas of Focus:
Sales Activity: Client Contact and Joint Business Calls
- Responsible for completing outbound phone calls, in-person meetings, and other prudent sales practices and techniques with assigned and self-originated Government Contracting clients and new prospects. Participates in joint business calls with product specialists from other business lines within Sandy Spring Bank and Sandy Spring Bancorp subsidiaries.
Sales Results: New Loan Production
- Responsible for developing loan business with prospects and established clients. Works closely with assigned Commercial Portfolio Manager to negotiate and structure loan transactions. Maintains contact with client throughout the approval and settlement process to ensure client satisfaction. Complies with all relevant regulatory requirements
Sales Results: Fee Income/Deposit Production/Activity Revenue
Meets expectations in generating non-interest income for the company through sale of fee-based products (i.e., treasury management products, trust, insurance, and retirement plans). Generates new deposits through needs-based selling to new business prospects and existing business clients.
Sales Result: Portfolio Growth and Efficiencies
- Partners with Commercial Portfolio Manager to minimize loan delinquencies and future payoffs. Responsible for growth of loan portfolio to increase interest income for the Bank.
Client Service and Satisfaction.
- Maintains high level of professionalism and courtesy with clients at all times. Responds to calls and messages promptly.
- Works with Commercial Portfolio Manager to resolve any difficulties or complaints.
- Utilizes needs-based selling techniques to always keep the client’s best interests in mind and to expand client relationship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work requires broad professional level of knowledge and expertise in commercial banking with an emphasis on lending principles, and general knowledge of the Government Contracting industry. Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred in a commercial banking and lending environment as a Government Contractor Relationship Manager. Demonstrated sales success in business development with Government Contractors is preferred. Thorough familiarity with related laws and regulations surrounding commercial banking relationships is required. Strong aptitude for Accounting and Documentation with supervisory experience as well.
- Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed. Critical thinking and root cause analysis.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are needed to effectively work with clients to explain products and interpret policy. Strong inter-personal skills are needed to maintain positive rapport with internal contacts. Independent judgement in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative procedures and work routines.
- Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis, interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending further action.
- Position makes decisions with the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to travel to clients’ places of business and appropriate bank-related networking events and functions is required. Ability to use standard computer, software and phone systems is required.
Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
Must be able to travel throughout SSB footprint as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.