Market Relationship Manager
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post as a 2019 Top Workplace in the Washington D.C. region as well as Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Market Relationship Manager in the Business Banking Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for developing new business client relationships focusing on loans of $250,000 or less or industry specific target programs, as well as expanding existing relationships utilizing professional business development techniques to prospect identify and meet client needs. You will partner with assigned branches to prospect and develop new business banking clients in assigned regions. You will act as primary contact for assigned clients and continually expands the client relationship through needs-based selling techniques. You will participate in business events and networking opportunities. You will effectively work with key representatives from all areas of the company to cross-sell products and services.
Areas of Focus:
- New Business Prospecting
- New Business Development and Industry Specialization
- Retail Banking Partnership
- New Loan Production
- Work requires broad professional level of knowledge and expertise in business banking, and relationship sales. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial business development environment is preferred. A BA in business, finance, or related subject strongly preferred.
- A high level of client service is integral to this role. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is comfortable interacting with external clients and centers of influence, as well as internal partners, and who excels at developing strong, trusting relationships. Must work well under tight deadlines and with multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and have strong attention to detail and follow-through. Organized and be able to multi-task. Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately.
- Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Position makes decisions within the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well defined policies.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.