CSC Business Banking Specialist
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150
years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore
Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1
Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in
shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who
qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple
retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health
care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development
opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much
more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a CSC Business
Banking Specialist in the Client Service Center Department. If you are the
chosen candidate, you will be responsible for providing technical support related
to Commercial and Treasury Management banking products and services for clients,
the Client Service Center (CSC) teams, Retail Administration, Deposit
Operations, and branch offices primarily via inbound calls and messages. You will
also represent the Bank to internal and external clients in a courteous,
professional manner, providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service based on
the bank’s Principals to provide remarkable client experiences.
Areas of focus:
- Maintains expert level of knowledge of Commercial and Treasury Management banking products, services and procedures. Quickly references processing system inquiry screens to respond to both client and coworker’s inquiries. Prepares all documents, correspondence, and follow-up of related client service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs support functions pertaining to Commercial and Treasury Management services, including client notification of information requirements, client registration processing, Interbank Transfer set up, payment Inquiry initiation, follow up and resolution, transaction balancing, client maintenance and payee additions, client inquiries regarding service and problems, and advanced technical/troubleshooting support for hardware and software. Works with our external partners when necessary to resolve product issues for clients.
- Supports CSC teams by reading and interpreting both verbal and written (email) service requests related to business banking products and transactions, and facilitates resolution.
- Acts as an expert on Sandy Spring Bank’s business banking products and services including but not limited to, eBiz, eWire, Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, ACH File Upload, Lock Box, Commercial account analysis, and ACH template origination.
- Corresponds with clients regarding the definition and resolution of inquiries related to business accounts. Builds and maintains relationships by servicing all products, probing client needs through discussion and selling bank products and services that are best suited to those needs.
- Maintains files for support documentation for transactions relating to business banking and related products that originate through the CSC teams, company website and online banking service.
- Acts as Client Service Specialist and Electronic Banking Specialists in periods of high call volumes or staffing shortages. Assists Client Service Specialists, Electronic Banking Specialists, Service Support Specialists, Retail Administration staff, and branch personnel with procedural questions.
- Provides high level card security maintenance and support.
- Conducts outbound calls as necessary for servicing request, to confirm suspicious debit card activity, and online bill payment activity.
- Position requires 2 years of retail/commercial banking work experience with in-depth knowledge of Commercial and Treasury Management Banking services.Additional core requirements include: call center operations, advanced knowledge of internet access, and web services; strong telephone and written communication skills; and negotiation/sales skills and/or aptitude.
- Knowledge of related compliance requirements or experience performing Commercial, and Treasury Management banking reconciliations is required. Strong organizational skills are needed to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and call center telephone. Advanced knowledge of standard windows-based office software and online bank software is required. General operating knowledge is required across the following device platforms: Windows, Mac, mobile phone, and tablet devices.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain a professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor throughout the day with internal and external clients over the phone. Work requires regular internal and external contact with diverse sources in furnishing and obtaining information which requires some cooperation.Must be able to effectively communicate with external customers via telephone, email, and formal written correspondence.
- The ability to express ideas effectively in English, written and oral, well enough to comprehend instructions, be understood by contacts, and legibly complete standard forms is required.
- An advanced level of problem solving and trouble shooting skills is required. Situations require operational knowledge of the work and of the unit which may involve a range of possible solutions to technical problems.
- Work is under minimal supervision where work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative work routines.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at
1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.