Software Development Mgr-Maryland (Columbia)
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Location: Maryland (Columbia)
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Software Development Manager in the Information Services Administration. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for organization-wide governance, management, processes, and technical oversight for systems development. Initially, this person will define the future development processes and standards for both front end facing applications as well as an internal API services layer; and then will have responsibility for managing those processes
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for building the development capabilities for the bank. This includes the selection of development tools, but also determining skillsets needed to build a development organization within the bank. Development will include front end digital experiences for bank clients, back office sales applications such as Salesforce, and reusable API services that can be consumed across these and other applications.
Areas of focus:
• Provide leadership, oversight, and support for the technical engineering team to ensure management and staff understand and meet delivery, financial, productivity, service, and quality goals.
• Establish and implement a development organization in the bank to include governance, processes, tools, and capabilities.
• Establish goals and priorities and adjust direction as needed to respond to organizational, technology, and industry changes.
• Work closely with staff and management team to formulate, implement and measure outcomes of strategic plans and goals. Assist with setting a vision for the future, including developing plans to meet or achieve business needs consistent with System IT Principles.
• Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Identify and develop staff with leadership and management potential.
• Develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback and evaluating performance on any of the preceding duties.
• Lead the adoption of innovative technology practices and continuous improvement processes that deliver business value.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Department, Bank, and System policies, standards, service and quality measures, procedures, and controls to ensure the highest level of public confidence and operational integrity.
- Represent the Bank at all levels across the System including developing, recommending and implementing significant initiatives. Influences IT standardization decisions and strategic initiatives through this participation and translate relevant activities into concrete action plans
• Bachelor’s degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically has 10+ years of broad technical experience in one or more areas of information technology or management information systems. Experience to include managing highly complex projects, programs or technology platforms.
• 5 years of experience leading advanced technical teams or related support functions.
• 3 years of experience with responsibilities over DevOps or CI/CD engineering teams. Solid understanding of the DevOps ecosystem and technology stack.
• Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology including practices supporting application delivery and engineering.
• Proven record of addressing substantial challenges and successfully driving significant change and matrix management.
• Strong business acumen with excellent organizational, problem solving, financial, influencing and negotiating skills. Excellent day-to-day operating management skills – ability to execute coupled with a disciplined approach and manage risk.
• Experience standing up a development team along with standards and processes.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.