Mortgage Loan Closer
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched clients and communities for almost 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health/dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance, and volunteer opportunities to name a few in making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Mortgage Loan Closer. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for Perform a variety of duties related to closing all loan types following established procedures. You will be responsible for scheduling loan closing and compiling and preparing closing documents in accordance with TRID. You must effectively communicate with analyst, mortgage banker, and settlement agents to ensure timely and accurate closing.
Areas of focus:
- Verifies accuracy and consistency of information, such as title abstract and insurance forms, to ensure closing documents are prepared according to investor/product guidelines.
- Reviews title binder and surveys for exceptions. Requests any necessary corrections and/or updates.
- Prepares and approves HUD-1 Settlement Statement/Closing Disclosure. Communicates and resolves any discrepancies to appropriate parties.
- Ensures funds are issued and accounted for according to procedures.
- Answers all inquiries regarding closing issues and scheduling.
- Monitors the mortgage settlement proxy box for requests to schedule settlements and responds accordingly. Updates Scheduled Settlement Calendar and LOS system accordingly.
- Stays current on all closing policy and procedures, investor updates and other essential information to properly complete job duties.
- Has working knowledge and understanding of TILA-RESPA, the resulting integrated disclosure known as TRID, Regulation Z and other federal and state compliance requirements.
- Compiles closed loan forms for delivery to, and provides assistance to Post Closing and Shipping team. Reviews closed loan files for completion and accuracy. Helps to clear investor non-funds.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years mortgage experience to include knowledge in closing.
Ability to work effectively under time constraints and during peak periods.
Ability to use standard office equipment, various issues of computer software, LOS and MS Office software.
Internal and external contact furnishing and obtaining information that requires some cooperation. Appropriate interpersonal skills are needed to maintain a positive rapport with all parties involved in the transaction.
Analytical ability in researching and analyzing data pertaining to problems of a routine nature where the selection of alternatives is limited but where standard policies are established.
Work is under occasional supervision where independent judgment is sometimes required in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the guidelines are limited, referring unusual matters to supervisor.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.