Technology Projects and Implementation Manager
Location: Maryland (Columbia)
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more
than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington
Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best
Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who
we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We
offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings
options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent
care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition
assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so
much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a
About The Job
Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Technology Projects and
Implementation Manager in the Information Technology department. If you are
the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for serving as technical project
manager on large-scale or enterprise wide projects; including migration of
existing in-house applications and infrastructure to cloud based solutions
where appropriate. This role serves as a technical expert on the bank’s systems
and critical bank applications and assists the CTO and CIO in setting the
technical direction on infrastructure and technologies, including cloud
migrations and support structures.
Responsible for implementing new technology products and features,
testing and coordinating upgrades, troubleshooting system problems, as well as
monitoring and maintaining system performance and controls.
is also responsible for performing or assisting in technical due diligence of
potential new vendors; including evaluations of integration needs and issues,
adherence to infrastructure standards, conflicts with existing systems,
opportunities to replace/enhance other systems with the new vendor’s
technology, estimates of implementation resources, and performing reviews of
contracts, service levels, and statements of work.
Position is also responsible for
coordinating all technology compliance and audit reviews, maintaining and
updating required documents and procedures, and preparing performance reports. Position may also be required to manage and
direct the work of highly skilled tech analysts and senior tech analysts either
directly or as part of an implementation team.
Areas of focus:
- Supervises the project management, analysis, design, development, and implementation of new applications, product updates, and system patches. Also oversees the project management and technology integration of acquired companies.
- Works with management or project team’s on the integration and implementation of new systems or applications, the design of business rules, technology practices and processes, systems development, and application enhancements or troubleshooting of applications and other key vendor systems. Ensures full technical documentation of all such processes and system implementations.
- Coordinates or assists with maintenance of the Bank’s systems and Critical Applications to ensure stability and security and may include managing migration of any or all of these systems to cloud-based or hybrid-cloud solutions.
- Manages or assists with managing numerous technology vendor relationships, audits, contract reviews and compliance activities. Performs annual due diligence on medium and high risk technology vendors, updates client end user controls related to SOC reports, and may serve as technical liaison with vendors for system related issues.
- Supports or manages special projects as needed. These projects will relate to technical areas and may extend beyond this position’s normal job functions.
- Position requires a minimum of ten years managing within a highly complex system environment, with a minimum of three years of financial institution experience. Experience managing or supervising large scale technology projects, business acquisitions, or cloud migrations is required.
- Advanced problem-solving skills are required to find solutions to problems that are highly technically complex and require interpretation and analysis of data from diverse sources. Position requires analysis, design, development and testing of new systems or enhancements.
- Position requires a high level of System Experience including Automation, API Programing, Cloud Integrations, Project Management, Linux Operating Systems, etc.
- Position requires writing skills to document system problems and recommended solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Position requires regular contact with diverse groups both internally and externally. Strong interpersonal skills are needed to deal effectively with others to maintain a positive rapport within the organization.
- Work is under minimal supervision where independent judgment is frequently required in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and recommendations of alternative procedures and work routines. Work is often under tight time constraints and frequently requires time commitments beyond normal working hours.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace
environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select
option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.