Universal Banker - Towson
Location: 502 Washington Ave, Towson, MD 21204
Hours: Monday - Friday and e/o Saturday (Hours are subject to change based on Branch staffing needs)
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post as a 2019 Top Workplace in the Washington D.C. region as well as Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Universal Banker in the Retail Division. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for providing a consultative style of banking that builds client relationships based on trust and the demonstrated ability to identify financial needs and recommend appropriate solutions. You will be responsible for assisting with branch operations, delivering a remarkable client experience, achieving sales and production goals, and handling transaction service requests. You will perform additional duties as assigned and must be able to work in a team environment that requires attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and have a passion for customer service.
Areas of Focus:
- Branch Operations
- Client Experience
- Business Development
- Transactions and Servicing
- BA Degree in Finance, Business or related field (applicable experience will be considered).
- Minimum of 6 to 12 months experience in a sales/service position, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Expertise in retail banking, relationship sales, and extensive knowledge of bank products and applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- High level of client service with the ability to be a self-starter and be comfortable interacting with external clients, centers of influence, and internal partners.
- Must be able to excel in developing strong, trusting relationships and work well under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, think quickly and respond appropriately.
- Must have the ability to utilize standard PC based software.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.