Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
Under minimal supervision following established policies and procedures, evaluates all information supplied on conventional and government residential loan applications. Generally works on more complicated loan packages also provides assistance to Junior Processors.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Represents the Bank to clients in a courteous, professional manner, and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in person, by phone, or through mail.
2. Receives mortgage loan applications from Mortgage Banker and initiates processing. Reviews application for completeness, reviews assets and liabilities as listed. Resolves routine problems with applicant; answers questions, clarifies points of confusion, and contacts applicant to obtain information necessary to proceed.
3. Verifies credit, employment, income and liabilities according to established procedures. Upon receipt of appraisal and title work, verifies to information provided on application. Runs AUS as necessary. Updates LOS to information received to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines.
4. Completes a final evaluation and analysis of the completed application package and prepares the file for submission to underwriting, specifying any applicable conditions to the credit decision.
7. Notifies all applicable parties of underwriting decision.
8. Reviews required conditions with applicant and provides Credit Approval letter. Clears outstanding conditions and obtains final underwriting approval. Schedules loan for closing. Prepares loan for closing and submits file to Closing Department.
9. Maintains record of all loans in process and conducts weekly pipeline reviews with originator.
10. Provides assistance to other Processors as needed. Trains new Processors in company policy and investor guidelines and in the methods used to process a mortgage application from start to finish. Maintains and updates procedures as necessary.
11. Provides assistance to Team Leader and Operations Manager as needed and completes research to resolve problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires 3-5 years as a Mortgage Loan Processor in conventional and government lending. A thorough knowledge of conventional and government mortgage processing is required at this level in order to handle more complicated loan packages. Strong organizational skills are required to meet expected productivity standards. Ability to communicate effectively to instruct and guide others is required.
2. Experience using personal computer systems such as spreadsheet and database applications is required. Knowledge of MortgageBot preferred but not required.
3. Analytical ability is required in researching problems and providing possible solutions.
4. Work requires regular internal and external contact in furnishing and obtaining information. Tact and discretion in obtaining cooperation
and understanding is needed. Appropriate interpersonal skills needed to maintain a positive rapport with customers and co-workers.
5. Work is under minimal supervision where independent judgment is required in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.