Client Service Specialist I
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Client Service Specialist I. in the Client Service Center Department. If you are the chosen candidate, under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for handling general servicing requests involving: deposit accounts, loan accounts, debit cards, online/mobile banking password resets (retail and business), and online navigational support (SSB website, BankXpress, and retail mobile banking). Open research requests as necessary through appropriate channels (CX360, SpringNet, or email proxy boxes) and follows up with the client as necessary.
Areas of focus:
- Represents the Bank to clients in a courteous, professional manner, and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service by phone, mail, and/or e-mail/secure message.
- Answers questions and solves routine problems for clients concerning all services provided by the Bank by listening to problems, researching and collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the client in a timely manner.
- Facilitates opening and services all deposit accounts products identifying needs and making recommendations that meet the client’s and the bank’s financial goals.
- Acts as point of contact for digital services users including PC, web, mobile, and telephone banking products. Maintains knowledge on setup and use of these products.
Troubleshoots connectivity problems as well as service problems and escalates unusual situations to appropriate team member.
- Provides client support for card inquiries that require specific research in separate systems. Troubleshoots service problems and refers unusual situations to appropriate team member or supervisor. Identifies unauthorized card activity and initiates affidavits
- Minimum 12 months of work experience in retail banking or customer service/Contact Center.
- Extensive knowledge of PC modem connections, Internet access, and web services is also required.
- Must have remarkable telephone and written communication skills; attention to detail; strong organization skills; and negotiation/sales skills and/or aptitude. A strong speaking voice is required with the ability to clearly express oneself over the telephone.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer, mobile device, and Contact Center Software. Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office and windows-based office software is expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is necessary for communicating both internally and with clients.
- The ability to express ideas effectively in English, written and oral, well enough to comprehend instructions, be understood by contacts, and legibly complete standard forms is required.
- Work is under occasional supervision where
independent judgment is sometimes required in the interpretation of existing
policies and procedures and guidelines. Refers unusual matters to supervisor or
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.