Location: 17735 Georgia Ave, Olney, MD 20832
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150
years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore
Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1
Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in
shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who
qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple
retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health
care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development
opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much
more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently
recruiting for a Mortgage Trainer in the Mortgage Department. If you are
the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for developing and providing
instructional curriculum, materials, job aids and documents, as well as, training
of technical, non-technical and regulatory training to sales and production
Areas of focus:
- Conducts initial onboarding training for all new mortgage bankers, processors and closers. Training may include hands-on, webinar and e-learning. Trains all new employees on the Encompass LOS system and all integrated 3rd party systems, CX360 Sales Force and Optima Unity.
- Collaborates with LaPD team to design, develop and deliver a variety of training solutions to support division-wide objectives (sales, service, regulatory, etc.). Incorporates multiple learning modalities in order to appeal to a variety of learning styles and needs. Develops process specific material or other classes to enhance skills required to perform job responsibilities, changes/updates to the Encompass LOS and ensure regulatory compliance. Ensures courses are delivered using a variety of methods, including classroom, virtual and on-line. Collaborates with the management team to conduct needs assessments and to align sales and service strategies with learning solutions. Supports staff and answers questions when not conducting formal training.
- Conducts regular observations to assess skills, identify gaps, provide feedback and recommend training solutions. Evaluates training effectiveness, provides summary analytics and makes adjustments as needed.
- Stays current on new products, processes and regulations within the industry, as well as system updates and changes. Maintains curriculum, policy and procedure manuals and training material.
- Position requires at least 5 years mortgage experience, including VA/FHA, conventional and Bond origination and processing with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a trainer preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of mortgage lending products, mortgage regulations (TILA, TRID, HMDA, ATR/QM)
- Must have exceptional speaking and presentation skills with the ability to read, interpret and organize training material into a well-written learning tool.
- Proficient in Encompass, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to remote sites with the Maryland, Northern Virginia and DC area and possess a valid Driver’s License.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at
1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.