Commercial Lending Service Coordinator
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a
true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the
lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150
years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be
the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial
services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees,
clients, shareholders and communities.
We are proud to be recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore
Sun as a 2019 Top Workplace, as well as Forbes magazine as the #1
Bank in Maryland for 2019. It is our employees who play an integral role in
shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matter most to us: people
To help us attract the highest quality
individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who
qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple
retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health
care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development
opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much
more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently
recruiting for a Commercial Lending Service Administrator in the Credit
Administration Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be
responsible for coordination with Commercial Lending Service Team Lead,
Portfolio Managers (PM), Market Leader, and Senior Credit Officer. You will
also will provide support to Relationship Managers (RM) as it relates
to client contact/inquiries.
Areas of focus:
- Understands credit risks and is able to structure non-complex commercial loans with little supervision. Has a firm understanding of loan policy. Handles non-material loan modifications independently by preparing LSSs; MCLARS and presents non-complex deals internally to obtain approvals
- Able to understand complex legal issues as it pertains to real estate collateral; ability to research and understand implications of liens; judgments, tax sales, chain of title, encroachments, easements and lawsuits; well versed in other issues such as environmental due diligence. Interacts at a high level with Bank appointed counsel and is effective with minimal supervision.
- Helps to assemble elements for the loan approval packages; Assists RM with coordinating closings for new and renewed loans; Interfaces directly with the borrower and attorneys as needed to assemble additional supporting information and due diligence required for closing; prepares boarding sheet for attorney prepared loans; With RM, reviews internally and attorney prepared loan documents for accuracy and first review of title work; Under the direction of the RM, prepares commitment letters for laser pro documented loans and forwards to RM for review; orders environmental reports and evaluations/ appraisals; Requests field exams; Prepares adverse action letters, attorney closing instruction letters; attends commercial closings when needed; Sends all decline/ withdrawn files to File Management.
- Handles multiple tasks with the ability to master a significant workload. Able to assist RM with more complex deals including, but not limited to, bond financing, loan participations, government contractors and construction financing. Collaborates with RMs and Portfolio Managers to maintain Doc Exception Tickler Reports for loans assigned to the Region.
- Interacts as a key Relationship Partner with all Bank Clients, specifically knowledgeable and proactive with Platinum clients in market. Coordinator is responsible for the following: Assisting in expanding current client relationships through needs-based selling techniques; acts as a back-up contact for commercial clients; identifies potential new commercial business for RM team members; participates in joint business calls (as needed) with RM/PM teams; Maintains a high level of professionalism and courtesy with clientele and internal partners at all times. Acts as a senior partner for portfolio administrators in terms of training or assisting in designated job responsibilities.
- Provides administrative support in the following areas: monthly summary reports, weekly delinquency reports; Internal and External Bank Exams; assist with coordination of divisional meetings; clearing documentation exceptions; prepares loan summary sheets, spreadsheets and analysis.
- Position requires a broad level of professional experience in related field with a minimum of 10 years work experience in commercial lending support; knowledge of commercial loan documentation and lending principles.
- Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
- Excellent communication skills needed to effectively work with diverse groups of internal/external clients to explain products and interpret policy.
- The highest level of problem solving skills is required; situations require operational knowledge of the work and the unit, which may involve a range of possible solutions to problems.
- Work is under minimal supervision, where the work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative procedures and work routines. Alternatives may be limited or not well defined.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select
option 5. Requests are considered on a