Teller Supervisor- Airpark
Location: 7653 Lindberg Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm, e/o Saturdays 8:30am- 12:30pm (Hours are subject to change based on Branch staffing needs).
Responsible for overall supervision of the teller line in a retail branch office. Assists in a variety of duties associated with the overall sales and service efforts of the teller line. Assists branch staff in developing new retail and commercial client relationships and expanding existing relationships utilizing professional sales techniques to prospect, identify, and meet client needs and by providing high quality service. Coaches teller staff to achieve referral goals and to support a positive team atmosphere. Works with key representatives from all areas of the company to send and accept referrals. Cross sells products and services; refers clients to sales personnel in branch and other business lines. Ensures compliance at all times for audit, compliance and security issues. Communicates and supports the mission of the company. Completes other duties as assigned.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Supervises the smooth operation of all teller functions. Assigns and delegates duties. Follows all policies and procedures and complies with applicable regulations, especially as they pertain to audit, security and compliance. Maintains optimal teller performance in service, quality, accuracy, efficiency, and risk management. Assists in developing a schedule for regular sales, service, operational and security meetings for the teller staff and ensures that meetings are conducted as planned.
2. Supervises and coaches teller staff to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities to maximize performance potential to support the company’s processes. Observes performance and provides monthly coaching to staff on progress. Documents performance and completes performance review forms in a timely manner.
3. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions and answering questions in person and over the phone. Exhibits quality behaviors that promote client trust. Responds to complaints and/or concerns to solve complex problems concerning all services provided by the company. Responsible for achieving assigned branch and individual referral and sales goals.
4. Responsible for the branch vault and cash supply. Handles teller cash transfers, prepares and receives cash shipment ensuring adequate supplies at all times. Ensures vault accuracy, proper completion of CTRs, and the balancing and maintaining cash supplies and the ATM and Cash Dispense machine. Performs all duties of a teller. Maintains branch teller differences within the established guidelines.
5. Organizes teller work schedules for adequate coverage during business hours. Supervises the training of new tellers including product knowledge, operational issues, and referral strategies. Continually administers the teller line to manage wait time, adjust staffing, control traffic flow, support tellers, and greet clients.
6. Represents Sandy Spring Bank to the client and community in a professional, courteous manner at all times. Participates in company sponsored community events.
7. May perform duties of a Personal Banker. Profiles clients for additional product sales opportunities. Has a complete understanding of all products sold in the retail branch office and has familiarity with products sold by other business lines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires a minimum of 1 year teller experience. Demonstrated readiness or experience as it relates to supervision necessary. Strong knowledge of banking products and related laws and regulations is required. Knowledge of standard audit and security procedures required. Ability to effectively lead, coach and motivate others is desired.
2. Basic personal computer skills are required using standard windows-based software. Intermediate knowledge of the Metavante Banking System is also required through experience or on-the-job training.
3. Position requires regular internal and external contact to carry out organizational objectives, to resolve more sensitive problems, and clarify company procedures. Duties also require tact and sensible judgment. Ability to effectively instruct and lead others, including facilitation of meetings is necessary.
4. Must be able to speak, read and write effectively and professionally to express ideas and be well understood by clients.
5. Work is under minimal supervision where independent judgment is often required in the interpretation of policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Manual dexterity is needed to operate locks, keys, and count currency. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Exposed to a potentially hazardous conditions – robbery. Receives detailed instructions to be followed to minimize the risk.
3. May be necessary to travel to other company offices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.