Teller Trainee- P/T- Clarksville
Location: 12276 Clarksville Pike, Clarksville, MD 21029
Hours: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 1:00pm-6:15pm and every Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm
Provides front line, high quality service and sales to new and existing clients through lobby and/or drive-in facilities. Accurately processes a variety of transactions involving the paying and receiving of funds and is responsible for balancing a cash drawer. Follows established procedures in compliance with applicable laws and policies. Enthusiastically interacts with clients to develop rapport and refer new products and services. Duties learned through initial training period.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Provides extraordinary service to all clients. Represents the company in a courteous, professional manner at all times. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions and answering questions in person and over the telephone.
2. Uncovers sales opportunities and educates clients about product and service alternatives.
3. Processes and settles transactions in an accurate and efficient manner in the lobby or drive-thru. Follows all established policies and procedures to include audit, security, and compliance regulations. Maintains teller differences and cash levels within established guidelines.
4. Maintains a high level of product knowledge in order to promote the benefits of additional company services and achieve referral goals. Participates in branch sales activities.
5. Enthusiastically assists clients by answering general questions and fulfilling any service requests. Refers clients to a more knowledgeable or senior team member only when appropriate or necessary.
6. Responsible for completing and/or delegating branch administration and operational functions, e.g., completing reports, processing night drop and over the counter transactions, vault management, ATM maintenance and settlement, security systems, ordering and stocking supplies or promotional materials, etc.
7. May occasionally require duties such as working extra shifts, opening and closing the branch, and assignments at other branches.
8. Participates in company sponsored community events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires successful completion of teller assessments, which includes cash handling skills, math skills, and customer service and sales aptitude. In addition, some work experience in customer service and/or cash handling experience preferred. Incumbents are normally required to complete an internal training program designed to familiarize the teller with service standards, product knowledge, operational knowledge of bank operations, negotiability of instruments presented for cash or deposit, and company policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to operate on-line teller terminal, proficiently count currency and coin, and achieve training objectives.
2. Work requires skills necessary to operate general office equipment such as a personal computer and 10‑key calculator and other branch equipment such as coin and currency counter, drive‑in equipment, etc. Computer skills and knowledge of the Metavante Banking System is needed through experience or on-the-job training in order to assist clients.
3. Analytical ability is required in researching and analyzing data pertaining to problems of a routine nature where selection of alternatives is limited, but where standard policies are established.
4. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to enthusiastically and graciously serve a diverse group of clients.
5. The ability to speak, read, and write English well enough to comprehend instructions, be understood by clients, and legibly complete standard forms is required.
6. Work requires ability to accurately perform arithmetic calculations using business math.
7. Work may occasionally require duties beyond the normal scope of the job such as working extra shifts or assignments at other offices.
8. Work is under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to operate alone on routine work, referring questionable situations to supervisor or others.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility within assigned work area to access equipment and files, reach and open the teller window or drive‑in carriers to accept transactions, operate combination locks and keys, package currency and coin; and comply with procedures concerning security and audit control.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition ‑‑ robbery. Receives detailed instructions to be followed to minimize the risk.
3. Must be able to travel to multiple company locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.