Senior Commercial Relationship Manager
Since 1868, Sandy Spring Bank has provided outstanding financial services and remained committed to being a strong, local, independent bank. Our community offices throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia serve the unique needs of individuals, businesses and organizations every day. At Sandy Spring, we use a hands-on, proactive and personalized approach to managing client relationships. Our clients count on the professionals at Sandy Spring Bank to always provide them with the most unbiased, knowledgeable advice possible.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. Sandy Spring takes pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
Responsible for a portfolio of commercial clients who have a relationship with the company and acts as the primary contact for assigned clients. Develops new business for the company by expanding client relationships through needs-based selling techniques and develops relationships with new or potential clients, collectively sufficient to meet and exceed assigned goals. Effectively works with key representatives from other areas of the bank to send and accept referrals for new and expanded relationships.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Sales Activity: Client Contact and Joint Business Calls
Responsible for completing outbound phone calls and in-person calls with assigned relationship clients and new clients. Participates in joint business calls with product specialists from other business lines within Sandy Spring Bank and Sandy Spring Bancorp subsidiaries.
Sales Results: New Loan Production
Responsible for developing loan business with new and established clients. Works closely with assigned Commercial Portfolio Manager and Small Business Lending Unit to negotiate and structure loan transactions. Maintains contact with client throughout the approval and settlement process to ensure client satisfaction. Complies with all relevant regulatory requirements.
Sales Results: Fee Income/Deposit Production/Activity Revenue
Meets expectations in generating non-interest income for the company through sale of fee-based products (i.e., treasury management products, trust, insurance, and retirement plans). Generates new deposits through needs-based selling to new business prospects and existing business clients.
Sales Result: Portfolio Growth
Partners with Commercial Portfolio Manager and Small Business Lending Unit to be mindful of loan delinquencies and/or future payoffs. Responsible for growth of loan portfolio to increase interest income for the company.
Client Service and Satisfaction
Maintains high level of professionalism and courtesy with clients at all times. Responds to calls and messages promptly. Works with Commercial Portfolio Manager and Small Business Lending Unit to resolve any difficulties or complaints. Utilizes needs-based selling techniques to always keep the client’s best interests in mind and to expand client relationship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires broad professional level of knowledge and expertise in commercial banking with an emphasis on credit and lending principles. Minimum of 7 years experience preferred in a commercial lending environment. Thorough familiarity with related laws and regulations surrounding commercial banking relationships is required. Demonstrated sales success in business development is preferred.
2. Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
3. Strong communication and presentation skills are needed to effectively work with clients to explain products and interpret policy. Strong inter-personal skills are needed to maintain positive rapport with internal contacts.
4. Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis, interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending further action.
5. Position makes decisions with the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to travel to clients’ places of business is required. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.