Wealth Management Relationship Manager
LOCATION: West Financial Services, Inc. - 2010 Corporate Ridge Road, Suite 530, McLean, VA 22102 USA
At West Financial Services, we have spent over 30 years building a firm dedicated to taking a conservative and ethical approach to growing and protecting our clients’ wealth and prosperity. Since our inception in 1982, we have provided financial services on a fee-only basis, acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each member of our team fully embraces the importance of this role and what it means for our clients. We bring planning excellence, investment discipline and personal service to everything we do.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. We take pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
ABOUT THE JOB:
West Financial is currently recruiting a Relationship Manager. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for a team of professionals that provides client guidance on investment policy, portfolio allocation, security selection and implementation, and all financial planning issues such as goal identification, cash flow and wealth transfer strategies, charitable efforts, real estate activities, and legacy matters. The Relationship Manager manages, maintains and deepens relationships with the team’s clients to achieve consistent client service, develops new business and promotes growth and profitability of the firm.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
Job function has significant effect on the company and a major impact within area of responsibility. Authority to operate with significant latitude within the broad framework of company policy. Incumbent works in close consultation with top management at WFS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills, good judgment, and personal integrity. A bachelor’s degree or higher in finance or related field, a CFP®,CFA, CPA, or JD designation and a thorough knowledge of stocks, mutual funds, U.S. Treasuries, agencies and municipal bonds is desired.
2. A minimum of five years work related experience is required, including experience in financial planning principles, equity and fixed income investments.
3. Requires extensive internal and external contacts at all levels involving a high degree of diplomacy, tact, judgment, timing and persuasion. Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
4. Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate complex information from diverse sources in an organized manner. Ability to write statements of broad policy. Ability to make effective presentations of proposals and recommendations before internal and external audiences at all levels.
5. High level problem-solving skills are required; problems are technically complex and require the collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources.
6. Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other platforms.
We pay competitively to Market, and offer a 401(k) plan with employer match – both pre-and post-tax contributions. We also offer an Employee Stock Purchase Plan along with the following benefits:
In addition for employees who work 30 hours per week:
West Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank, is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.